Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Gillani vows to free judges

Its funny that he vows only to free, and not to re-instate. Not being a cynic, I really am happy they were released.But I am having second thoughts about the resolution. Such is our history, you cannot be sure. Should we celebrate. For this apparent restoration of democracy. Or should we not.

I got across this late: Aitizaz Ahsan advising his lawyers to forget the May 12th incident. I find it very disturbing. Even though, now that MQM is forming an alliance with the PPP, it might be forgotten anyway.

I do not really understand this PPP's alliance with the MQM. At the provincial as well as the national level. MQM needs it but why PPP? Doesn't signal much stability. Cracks are bound to appear. And then of course there is our dear old General present
(why can't he resign) , waiting to exploit them. He's waiting, he's waiting. He will not resign.

No comments: